Saturday, March 23, 2013

Blowin' In The Wind


There was a lovely breeze yesterday, while I was working out in the garden. Spring in Florida is so inspiring. This card is my impression of a day like yesterday.

 Picture yourself...your daughter, your grandchild, your mother, standing outdoors, all dressed up in a sweet little blouse, the bow dancing as the breeze catches it.


To create this blouse card, I used a paper weaving technique as the buttoned lapel.
 This adorable paper is from the  Chantilly Paper Pack
I used the other side of the paper to make the tiny woven strip behind the buttons. 


The white "lace" was created using the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection.
 Notice how the cardstock and B&T paper, along with the ink I used on the lace, match perfectly. That's because CTMH creates everything to work together! 


I distressed the edges of the Buttercup and Cotton Candy cardstock (which are included in the paper pack), allowing the white core of the paper to frame the card. The "blouse" B&T was crumpled and then distessed to give the appearance of cloth. 

Finally, the ribbon was attached in several spots with adhesive, them melted a bit with my heat tool to give a time-worn vintage feel...one of my favorite techniques.


I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration. Mother's Day or any day will be
especially memorable when that special someone receives a card handmade by you!

Happy Artsy Stamping!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.
Hugs,
Bev aka Artsystamper